Friday, September 16, 2011

Halloween Pumpkin Hats {Free Printable}

I have seen these fun hats in so many stores that are more than I am willing to pay for paper and some embellishments on top of a pumpkin that I can get for 98 cents at Walmart.
Project!
All you need to is:
 print outs of the pumpkin hat templates
another thank you to aimee from sprik space for the pattern pieces
scissors
tacky glue and/or tape
some fun yarn
pumpkins
To download, click on pictures and they will open in new window, right click and save to your computer.

 
another thank you to aimee from sprik space for the pattern pieces used for the backgrounds.

 Cut out the hat, strip of paper for the fan and the circle.
Start folding the strip of paper back and forth.
Glue (or staple) the ends together so it forms a circle.
 
Lay the zig zag circle on the table and push flat
Glue the circle on top and hold it down for a few seconds.
To make the hat, roll the edges to form a cone and tape, staple or glue one side on top of the other.

Glue your yarn around the bottom edge of the hat - I went around twice to make the trim thicker.
Glue your paper fan on the hat.
To make the pom pom for the top:
Wrap the yarn around 2 fingers (3 if you want it thicker) about 20 times.
Gently pull off your fingers and place in the middle of a strip of yarn.
Tie a knot around the middle of the bundle with the strip of yarn.
Cut the loops on either end and fluff to make a pom pom.
Glue your pom pom on top of your hat and put on your pumpkin!



Photobucket

linking up to these parties:

18 comments:

  1. Very, very, very cute! I love the way that you displayed them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for sharing, just pinned it to my Halloween board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your Halloween decor :) Exactly my kind of style! New follower here from http://brelynboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute are those hats. Love them. very fun display. winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, thanks for sharing! Stop over sometime...

    Cara
    http://homespunkitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I just found you on another website. Linked me to you. I miss your guts and yep, I still dislike you just a bit my amazingly talented sister. I don't know how you do it. I love the bats going up to the wall. I PINNED you to my board too, just incase someone was silly enough to NOT notice how cute these are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how adorable and I love the bats on the wall!

    Thanks for the free printable! :o)

    Please feel free to link your awesome Halloween decorations / accessories to my Make Yourself Monday blog hop. :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I would love for you to link this up at the Do Something Crafty link party: http://vanessascraftynest.blogspot.com/search/label/Do%20Something%20Crafty%20Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have pinned this! Thanks for the free printable! Stopping by from Blue Cricket Design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hats are adorable Telisa Joan!!!! But I loved seeing the tutorial because I could see your amazing hands at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute! What a clever idea. I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design Show and Tell. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome are these Pumpkin Hats!!!! I'd love if you joined us over at Sew Woodsy and share these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE!!!! thanks so much for linking! I'll be featuring this post on BCD tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are AMAZING! I'd love for you to link up at my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am making these for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...