Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DIY Silhouettes and a Quick Clock Makeover!


What a busy month it's been! But, of course, I've found time to squeeze in a few projects. ;)
Here's a great vintage clock that I found at a thrift store (for six bucks!)
...and it works. If it didn't, I would have painted chalkboard paint on the face and drawn in a clock.

Here's a great way to make your own silhouettes.
I made mine in about 10 minutes, and here's how!
First, I dug around and found pictures of my girls where they are looking to the side.
Next, I printed out their pictures on regular white letter paper.
(make sure you zoom the picture in so that they fill up most of the page)
Cut out the silhouette, it should look like this...
Now flip them over. Next, I set them onto black construction paper and traced them with a pencil.
You can throw away the white paper and cut out the black silhouettes.

Ta da! Here they are... and do you see the clock? Gotta love that spray paint!

6 comments:

  1. That clock is amazing! Love the whole room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that look so easy--gives me the confidence to try it--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm definitely going to do this one! Thanks for making it easy. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made over 100 silhouettes of my co-workers for a Valentine's bulletin board. I took a side view photo from three foot away. ( you can modify size using a printer if needed). I layed the printed photo on top of black construction paper and cut around head area. Also used an xacto knife to cut away tiny bits for a few hair, curl, details if hair was "big".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...