Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sew Sewable - Pillowcase dress!

I did it!
I took my mom's sewing machine out of the basement and figured it out with the help of a friend.
First, I hemmed a square of fabric. Woo hoo
...and then four pillows for the deck
and next? the pillowcase dress.

New to sewing? This is super super easy and took me only about an hour
(not counting the time that it took Penny to choose the fabric that she wanted).

(above, Penny "posing,"a tutorial on how to make her hair bow can be found here.)


I found many, many links for the tutorial but this one from the Prudent Baby blog was my favorite. Here's another one that was great.

And here is Penny, modeling for me. She is two and can't stay still for anything.

We bought one yard of fabric that will easily make two dresses with the fabric left over. Possibly enough for two little hair bows. Can you see the little cakes and ice cream cones on the fabric? I bought fabric because it was 100% cuter than a pillowcase. I mean, all of the pillowcases we have lying around the house aren't exactly dress material. Drool stains on a dress are SO not in style.

Maybe for the next one (her little sister's, of course!), I'll try some kind of trim on the bottom. Exciting!

Now, onto the next sewing project. Any great suggestions?

I'm thinking about buying this book, 1,2,3 Sew. Has anyone read it?

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded the Back to School Grade Level Printables. The site (I Heart Naptime) credited you with their creation. Thank you! I plan to use these with my 1st/2nd grade class :o)

    Mrs. Lopac Teaches...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...