Thursday, August 4, 2011

{Mini} Bathroom Makeover




My bathroom changes every other month. . . just like most things in my house. I have a problem, I know.
I tried painting a mural on the wall behind the toilet, I didn't like it and no one could match the gray paint that was already on the walls when we moved in. So, I thought I had to paint the whole wall brown because that was the color I was using to paint the mural, not realizing I could do some fun stripes or something in a DIFFERENT color. 
Still kicking myself for using brown, I just don't think it looks good next to the gray. 
Anyway, I then attempted a second little mural on the other wall . . .
see dandelions below. 
Which I like, I just keep thinking I should have painted it white or some other color. 
Suggestions - Comments???
so glad I captured the sonic care toothbrush in this pic - and in a toothbrush in the after pic. 
that is what happens when you are married to a dentist . . . toothbrushes all over the place:)
After painting ALL the trim and doors in my house white (will NEVER do that again),
I was able to spice it up a bit . . . 
with new curtains . . . thank you Target,
new rug . . . thank you Target,
some white spray paint on old frames and file folders
and a little white bird made from this pattern
 I think I can live with the brown and gray wall  combo through residency now . . . maybe.
 
And the winner of Pink Dot Creations adorable mushroom applique is

Comment #8

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...



I'm a GFC follower!
Congrats April! E-mail me your address so we can send you your prize!


Photobucket

linking up to these parties:

7 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing! Brings life to the decor that was already there! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect the way it is. I like the dandelions in that color. Your bathroom looks far better than my living room ;)


    Saw your link on 'At The Picket Fence'. I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see ya at the party :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Love the dandelions and the white frame against the dark wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that white bird on the wreath! Come see a stylish toilet seat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the colors are great. I love what you did with painting the dandelions. I wish I had your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the frame!! Makes such a difference.
    I just posted my before pictures of my house with afters to follow later this week. You might enjoy it.
    http://mrmagnificentandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/08/our-first-home-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. I like the magazine racks on the walls. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
    :)Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-common-monday-3-craft-link.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...