Thursday, August 4, 2011

{Mini} Bathroom Makeover

My bathroom changes every other month. . . just like most things in my house. I have a problem, I know.
I tried painting a mural on the wall behind the toilet, I didn't like it and no one could match the gray paint that was already on the walls when we moved in. So, I thought I had to paint the whole wall brown because that was the color I was using to paint the mural, not realizing I could do some fun stripes or something in a DIFFERENT color. 
Still kicking myself for using brown, I just don't think it looks good next to the gray. 
Anyway, I then attempted a second little mural on the other wall . . .
see dandelions below. 
Which I like, I just keep thinking I should have painted it white or some other color. 
Suggestions - Comments???
so glad I captured the sonic care toothbrush in this pic - and in a toothbrush in the after pic. 
that is what happens when you are married to a dentist . . . toothbrushes all over the place:)
After painting ALL the trim and doors in my house white (will NEVER do that again),
I was able to spice it up a bit . . . 
with new curtains . . . thank you Target,
new rug . . . thank you Target,
some white spray paint on old frames and file folders
and a little white bird made from this pattern
 I think I can live with the brown and gray wall  combo through residency now . . . maybe.
And the winner of Pink Dot Creations adorable mushroom applique is

Comment #8

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

I'm a GFC follower!
Congrats April! E-mail me your address so we can send you your prize!


linking up to these parties:


  1. I think it's amazing! Brings life to the decor that was already there! Great job!

  2. It looks perfect the way it is. I like the dandelions in that color. Your bathroom looks far better than my living room ;)

    Saw your link on 'At The Picket Fence'. I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see ya at the party :)

  3. This looks great! Love the dandelions and the white frame against the dark wall.

  4. Love that white bird on the wreath! Come see a stylish toilet seat!

  5. I think the colors are great. I love what you did with painting the dandelions. I wish I had your bathroom.

  6. I love the frame!! Makes such a difference.
    I just posted my before pictures of my house with afters to follow later this week. You might enjoy it.

  7. Cute. I like the magazine racks on the walls. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.


Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...