Tuesday, May 8, 2012

white Bookshelf Makeover with Removable Lining

This black, beat up bookshelf of ours has been screaming for a makeover for awhile now. However, like with most things, I couldn't decide which color to paint it. I really didn't want to have to paint it my usual three times before I like it. So, I went with the classic white and to add a some pop of color to my gray dining area, I put wrapping paper on thick poster board for lining. That way when I change my mind, I can just unwrap the poster board and put a new color on or leave it white.
Did I say, I put the wrapping paper on??? Oh yes, my sweet mom did it for me while I laid on the couch, sick and wanting to throw up (these was about a year ago when we found out about our upcoming surprise baby). Not only did my parents fly into town to help my kids and me while I was sick, my mom finished all my craft projects and my dad fixed EVERYTHING around the house and still managed to do a puzzle:)
I saw this wrapping paper at Target on clearance!!! So much cheaper than using fabric which was my original plan.

Well, that surprise baby is now 3 months old and this bookshelf is finally finished!!!! Some projects just take me A LOOOONG time. I LOVE the clean, fresh look of it!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I was dying when I saw the transformation of that bookshelf! I absolutely LOVE the white with the option to swap out color! You are a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telisa, this is brilliant!! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the transformation!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm thinking about doing something similar with an open cabinet in my kitchen. Way easier to line it with paper than paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant is right! WOW! I love the pattern. Did you use foam board or regular poster board? I don't think I have seen thick poster board. I have an old bookcase I am going to try this on. Thank you for the beautiful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome! And what is funny is I HAVE THAT WRAPPING PAPER! I bought it specifically to find a crafty way to use it! Thank you for giving me the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=4459 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...