Saturday, March 3, 2012

Console TV Makeover

I had the best time with this TV makeover!
Here is the console TV that I found on Craigslist in the "FREE" section...
(I don't know how I convinced my husband to pick this up with me, but he must love me a lot because he did.. and then only teased me a little about our "new tv").
See? and then he tried to take it apart (but gave up and watched the race instead).

So I took it apart the next morning (with helpers, of course!).
Here is Penny reporting the news for me.
The actual glass television part was SUPER heavy.
I ended up rolling it into a pink tote for my husband to take to the curb.

Once I got it cleaned out, I painted two coats of aqua on the outside and two coats of yellow inside. And here's a secret... this was originally supposed to be a dog bed, HOWEVER- the dog wouldn't get in it and the kids wouldn't get out!

Above, you can see how I took off the back and covered it.
I used a tablecloth and cut a hole for the "window" (Also, the Radiation warning. eek!)
Play date!
During the play date, I made a curtain out of an old pillowcase and hung it with a tension rod.
The girls haven't gotten out! So far, it has been a reading nook, a house, a bus, an airplane, a puppet theater, a *very* brief dog bed, a hideout and a store.

21 comments:

  1. Too cute! How creative - I LOVE the free section on Craigslist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very cool!
    I just shared this on my Plaid Punch page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plaid-Punch/174522122593178

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm seriously impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this SO much! The idea, the colors... the whole caboodle! It's fantastic! Just shared it on my FB page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Turtles-Life-for-Me/212508615444255

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. I actually saw the dog bed about a week ago and emailed the link to my son for his dog. I think I love it for the kids more. Good Job. Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is awesome! I'll have to keep my eye out for a big tv like my grandma used to have! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so absolutely adorable. What a creative idea and fabulous design choices. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea - and looks like your girls love it!

    Visiting from Strut Your Stuff~ Rhonda @ home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think my father-in-law has an old TV!! I'm going to ask him about it!!

    I hope you'll come and link up over at The DIY Dreamer :)
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/2012/03/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, This is BEYOND awesome! You guys did such a great job on it! I would love to have you share this on my blog's Sharing Time Linky if you're interested! http://www.raisingmemories.com/search/label/sharing%20time
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah! Love love love this. I'm sure your girls will have endless fun playing in there. I featured this post on my blog today! Come check it out and grab a button if you like http://www.missloviecreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-favorite-things-thursday-spring.html Have such a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! It must be tons of fun, oh to be a kid again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a seriously amazing idea!!! I can't get over how clever and creative this is! :-) Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week~
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea!! I love it...must go searching for one of these asap. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so fun to see that ugly TV go from THAT to THAT really cute play cubbie for the gurls! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I commented on AT but I love this so much I just needed to let you know again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on AT and had to come over to tell you how fabulous your remake is! Such a great idea!!! I am pregnant right now with my first but am definitely pinning this so I can whip up my own version in a couple of years. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good on YOU! It has always fascinated me how little kids love hidey-hole cubby houses! Mine (now 16 and 18) used to love making cubbies in the lounge with all the pillows and throw rugs off the couches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i loooooove this! I want to make one for my kids! Now I have to hunt for an old tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the inspiration. I found an old drawer, removed all the drawers and turned it into a similar looking play house for my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best idea ever! My husband would think I was insane if I tried to do this. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...