Monday, June 25, 2012

Superhero Summer Boredom Buster!

Here is the post I did for Design Dazzle's Summer camp that I want to share with my readers now!! Enjoy!

We like our Superheroes over here at SugarTot Designs, so when it comes to a summer boredom buster activity. . . it's Super Powers to the rescue!! My boys switch between being Thor, Iron Man, Batman, Captain Americ and the Hulk so I thought I would give them a few more to choose from (and by a few I mean 33). 
If you want your own jar of Super Powers (who doesn't??)  simply download the papers (UPDATE • CLICK ON THE PAPERS AT THE END OF THE POST TO PRINT), print and cut out the labels. Yes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Transformers fall into Superhero category around here. 
Mod podge or glue the name of the Superhero on one side and the powers/ logo that go with it onto the other side of the craft sticks and put them in a jar (or you can put them on different sticks and have a matching game).
There are a couple household "super powers" that will help your kids get some chores done. I know my boys tend to help out more if I tell them to use their super powers to make their bed, pick up toys, etc.

I plan on using this activity for my boys not only when they need something to do but maybe as a distraction when a melt down happens. . . which they usually do on long summer days.
We probably have too many superhero accessories but let your kids use their imagination in creating gadgets, armor, capes, etc. that go along with the stick they choose. I love this quick tutorial on how to make a cape out of an old t-shirt. 
Can you tell Captain America's shield and Thor's hammer have been used quite a bit?? My son likes to tell me on a daily basis that "he posses the power of Thor." 


Let the super powers begin! 
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT pretend to be an expert on Superheroes and their powers (in fact, I need to thank my baby sitter :) for helping me out) so please excuse any errors you might find and just go with it. . .
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Now I understand what Annelyn was trying to tell me about helping you with super heroes. Super babysitter to the rescue . . . :) We could probably have fun with the sticks around here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I missed this awesome post?! Downloading and printing are my next step! Love this. LOVE IT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a mom of 3 superheroes, this will be a BIG hit in my home! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a link for a template where you can print these off? Got a "not found" error

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can email me at sugartotdesigns@gmail.com, I will email you the superhero power prints.

      Delete
    2. Is there anyway I could get a copy pf the superhero power prints? I am also receiving an error message. This is such a cute idea!

      Delete
    3. Is there anyway I could get a copy pf the superhero power prints? I am also receiving an error message. This is such a cute idea!

      Delete
    4. I added the prints to the post, you can just click on them and print. You can also email me at sugartotdesigns@gmail.com and I will email the prints to you.

      Delete
  5. I am also getting the error code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the prints to the post, you can just click on them and print. You can also email me at sugartotdesigns@gmail.com and I will email the prints to you.

      Delete
  6. Its taking me to a page that is down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the prints to the post, you can just click on them and print. You can also email me at sugartotdesigns@gmail.com and I will email the prints to you.

      Delete
  7. Wow, these are some amazing collections of superhero attire. Here you can also check out some of the best collections of Vintage Posters for kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...